Rain In South Florida Today

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I hope it will rain cats and dogs every day. While Nerdegutta is on his vacation.
Well, better with cats and dogs, than too much sun. I do not want to look like a raisin. Good for me I'll soon have my dry suit ready. :D

With too much cats and dogs, I guess I'll look like an albino raisin. :eek:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
As loosewire said, storms pop up from nowhere. We call them thunderboomers. They do not come from large weather patterns like most places. They just pop straight up from the summer heat. I had not thought of this in a long time. The good thing is they only last about an hour.

Today we are having rain from a large weather pattern, maybe 1000 miles wide. It has rained for 3 days and is not stopping today.

happy: Do not use Loosewire for English lessons. I can't understand half of what he writes!

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
If it raining very hard. You can use this kind of cool idiom. It's raining cats and dogs. You can use this idiom to say that is is (or was) raining VERY heavily. It doesn't mean that cats and dogs are falling out the sky:eek:
An example. I hope it will rain cats and dogs every day. While Nerdegutta is on his vacation.
A joke from when I was very young was- "It's raining cats and dogs, I just stepped in a poodle".:p

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I like the plant, the trailing flowers are interesting. I used to grow chillies when my desk got good sunlight. People were always coming over to see how they were doing.