Rail to Rail Op amp for a DC Rectifier

akbarmq01

Joined Sep 28, 2015
Hi all
I am trying to design a rail to rail op amp full wave dc rectifier (single power supply) for a project. I have a circuit designed but I am not able to get appropriate results. Anyone who has worked in this area??please help me...
Thanks

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Greetings! And welcome to AAC!

The Projects Collection (as opposed to The Projects Forum) is for sharing completed projects.

I've moved your post into The Projects Forum, where it will draw more responses.

Good luck with your project!

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I am trying to design a rail to rail op amp full wave dc rectifier (single power supply) for a project. I have a circuit designed but I am not able to get appropriate results. Anyone who has worked in this area??please help me...
Try an LMC6482: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lmc6482.pdf

The LMC6482 is a good, general-purpose RRIO opamp. Keep in mind that since it's CMOS it's limited to a total supply voltage of 16V or less, otherwise it will make smoke.

akbarmq01

Joined Sep 28, 2015
Greetings! And welcome to AAC!

The Projects Collection (as opposed to The Projects Forum) is for sharing completed projects.

I've moved your post into The Projects Forum, where it will draw more responses.

Good luck with your project!
thanks Wendy

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Show us what you have. I'm working on a similar issue with a totally different approach. It might apply for your problem, but I need to see what you are trying to do first.

akbarmq01

Joined Sep 28, 2015
Try an LMC6482: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lmc6482.pdf

The LMC6482 is a good, general-purpose RRIO opamp. Keep in mind that since it's CMOS it's limited to a total supply voltage of 16V or less, otherwise it will make smoke.
Hey Wendy I am uploading the circuit that I got...Can you check it
Thanks
thanks Wendy
Show us what you have. I'm working on a similar issue with a totally different approach. It might apply for your problem, but I need to see what you are trying to do first.

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Given this op amp has a DC power supply, is this for some kind of instrumentation?

I don't see a precision diode in the circuit if so, where the op amp takes a diode and simulates a diode with no Vf.

What are you actually trying to accomplish?

akbarmq01

Joined Sep 28, 2015
Given this op amp has a DC power supply, is this for some kind of instrumentation?

I don't see a precision diode in the circuit if so, where the op amp takes a diode and simulates a diode with no Vf.

What are you actually trying to accomplish?
Actually i am designing a rectifier which will take an IEEE 8/20 microsecond surge and the output is to be fed to a pic24 for sampling..I have never worked on ckt design before so just trying to figure out what needs to be done to get smooth dc output

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
It looks like you have a voltmeter in series with one of the battery connections to the opamp. This won't work. Connect both ends of the battery to the device, then connect both ends of the meter to the battery.

Surge voltages I have worked with already are unipolar and do not need rectification. Please give us a sketch of the amplitude, duration, and shape of the surge.

Do you want the PIC to see the surge peak, a voltage that represents the integrated total energy of the pulse, or something different? "Smooth dc out" is not nearly descriptive enough for us to evaluate your circuit.

ak

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
Anyone who has worked in this area?
I think you are focusing too much efforts on using terminologies that may not be fully understood. I would just describe what you are trying to do and see what ideas others may come up with. Based on what I have heard so far, you don't need a precision full-wave rectifier, :)

akbarmq01

Joined Sep 28, 2015
Hey Danny and all
To be honest I don't know about this thing I am doing. I am a computer science engineer and my part was to do the coding for the pic 24 in mplab starter kit. But my professor told to build an interface circuit so that we could input an IEEE 8/20 microsecond surge pulse for sampling, pass it through a/d converter and get the output on USB. So here I am...:)...I am really thankful to all the members who came in for help....Still looking for your help
Thanks