Radio Transmitter design

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by kayusbrown, Jan 13, 2009.

1. kayusbrown

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I need a comprehensive procedure in designing a commercial radio transmitter with total power of about 1KW.

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    You're going to have to get a license from the FCC before you can power up the transmitter. They will have to pass on the design as well as granting you the license.

4. garry.owens

Dec 17, 2008
    you have to explain what this is meent for what frequency you whant and that power do you intend to use valves but legally i need to know what the intended use of this power is before i can help any further that is a lot of power and can do a lot of harm to a lot of peple

5. garry.owens

Dec 17, 2008
    you have to explain what this is meent for. what frequency you want. and that power do you intend to use valves. but legally i need to know what the intended use of this power is before i can help any further. that is a lot of power and can do a lot of harm to a lot of peple

6. kayusbrown

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I'm a final year student in a Polytechnic in Nigeria and I intend to design and construct a Transmitter for my final year project. It is not a neccessity that the total output power should be up to 1KW. All I need is a long range of transmission say about 5km. If the project is successful, a licence will be obtained from Nigeria Communications Comission befor it is put to use in the polytechnic.

7. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Frequency and modulation scheme would be helpful.

8. jj_alukkas

Jan 8, 2009
  9. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

In my PM I found this message:
    I think that 5 - 10 wats will be more than enough.
    For stability a crystal or PLL system will be OK.

Greetings,
    Bertus

10. KL7AJ

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 4, 2008

Actually in the U.S., it's 1500W :)