Radio Sensor

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by zorpholex, Jan 11, 2013.

1. zorpholex

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Okay, heres my idea...

I want to create a sensor that would detect when a person walked by with a walkie talkie or like those big walkie talkie radio things that cops have.

(sorry i don't know what they are called and i am obviously not very knowledgable about radio stuff)

My concern is that i would only be able to detect the radio waves when the people are talking. I want the sensor to be placed in a hallway or doorway and then it will send a signal to another reciever in a different location which will emitt an alarm to notify the other people that a security or cop has walked by.

I assure you my intentions are completely legal and for educational purpouses :D

2. radiohead

May 28, 2009
    A receiving amplifier constructed around a monolithic amplifier (MAR-6+ from Mini Circuits) could detect RF from DC to 2 GHz. See attached data sheets.

Another option is below:
    http://www.linear.com/product/LT5538#overview

When the transceiver is not transmitting, it will be very hard to detect. Maybe you could consider a metal detector.

3. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    If a radio is not transmitting there are very few ways to detect its presence. Cell phones are radios that sometimes carry on continuous conversations of which we are entirely unaware. You might have a better chance of detecting those. They are ubiquitous and the information overload might be devoid of useful content. Sounds like a complete waste of time without any probitive or educational value.

4. tinamishra

Dec 1, 2012
    Though you have a great idea and i have no much more ideas but i want to share some information about the same that is In addition to coded and electronic device transmitters, many companies additionally offers sensors that square measure able to transmit depth, motion, temperature and electromyogram knowledge. Multiple sensors is incorporated into one transmitter and may be designed for concurrent preparation with typical ID-only transmitters. Radio receivers is accustomed find and find enemy radio. Enemy radars is settled in abundant constant manner. Messages is intercepted. this manner of warning has been combated by radio silence and by spoofing, the transmission of signals meant to deceive.