Radio communication

aerodave

Joined Dec 7, 2012
Hi, I want to build an RF Transmitter and its Receiver . I love experimenting and electronics is my hobby but I've never worked with RF signals before but i intend to give it my best shot. Pls I need help on how to go about achieving this. pls any idea is welcome

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
My best advice to you is: "get an amateur radio license". It takes one 35 question multiple choice test. Now you have access to a boatload of people who can help and support you as you explore your areas of interest. You also have a legal right to operate a transmitter within the rules. This is a huge advantage when you are experimenting, and you have a boatload of bands to choose from.

vk6zgo

Joined Jul 21, 2012
He said he is from Nigeria.

You need to look up the Regulations in your country,as they may differ from other countries.

For instance,the Australian Foundation Licence is very easy to pass,but doesn't allow you to homebrew equipment.

The Nigerian Regs may be similar.

tinamishra

Joined Dec 1, 2012
Radio is that the wireless transmission of signals through free area by radiation of a frequency considerably below that of actinic radiation, within the often ness vary, from concerning thirty rate to three hundred Gc. These waves square measure referred to as radio waves. radiation travels by suggests that of periodic magnetism fields that tolerate the air and also the vacuum of area.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I guess so, but I'm not really sure what you are trying to say. Radio waves in the frequency band between say 10 kHz. and 300 GHz. propagate through both cables and free space by means of coupled alternating electric and magnetic fields.

Those ranges are practical not fundamental. I remember reading once that the DX record @ 405 GHz. was just about a kilometer; and a resonant antenna for an RF signal below 10 kHz. is just a bit unwieldy to put it mildly.