R!f@@ you think you have bad neighbors!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by spinnaker, Mar 17, 2012.

1. spinnaker

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    R!f@@ you think you have bad neighbors! Mine had started drinking at 12 noon and they are still out there at 11:15 PM. Carrying on at full volume, right under my bedroom window and I need to get up early tomorrow. I am in the front of my house and I can hear them like they are in the next room!

This goes no almost every warm weekend day or holiday. Sometimes till late at night during the weekdays too.

Her boyfriend (could be husband now not sure) has no job so he stays at home all day drunk, drinking her beer.

He is in construction so he works a few months out of the year and then gets laid off.

She should tell him to get is lazy ass out of the house and get a jobm even if it is minimum wage.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. monster_catfish

Mar 17, 2011
    Call the cops to issue them with a public disturbance warning. If they ignore that, they can get hauled in, and later charged to court. They won't even be informed about who filed the complaint, giving you the plausible deniability that will enable you to evade the wrath of drunks.

Their right to be drunk and disorderly ends where your right to a good night's sleep begins.

DerStrom8 likes this.
  3. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    We've got ASBO's for that very problem...

(As a country, I hasten to add!)

4. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    One night we had some neighbors being evicted like Jan 2nd. So they sat on their balcony till 4am drunk off their arses on christmas eve singing mexican and spanish x-mas songs. I was rediculous. Currently I have some vietmenese neibors that party a couple times a month and get a lil loud till 3am but its not too bad.

5. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I live on the receiver's end: I live next to a live rock stage. But 6 floors up and behind sound proofing walls and it's tolerable.

Once or twice a year I 'm on the transmitter's end, but I always inform my immediate neighbors and they are very understanding, friendly and deaf. The rest of the neighbors think that it's the rock stage playing as usual, so no police from there.

We usually turn down the music at 5AM.

6. spinnaker

Oct 29, 2009
    Ain't going to happen. If you took the brain cells be has dedicated to emotional maturity and the brain cells dedicated to intelligence, you could put them on the head of a pin and still had plenty of room to spare.

I had it out with him about 5 years ago. We live in a townhouse and my unit joins his or actually his girlfriend's. It is a two story townhouse and the second floor over hangs the first. There is a hillside not 6 meters from the back of our units that goes nearly straight up and almost as tall as the building itself so it forms sort of a valley.

He fancies himself the backyard barbecuer. He does the whole smoke chip thing and all. You can imagine the problems in that kind of environment alone. How it might trap the smoke in our little "valley". Well I guess the moron thought he would turn in up a notch and placed the barbecue against his wall and under the overhang.

The smoke of course would get up into the building through the overhang. So not only was the idiot creating a fire hazard, he was smoking me out.

I told him about it. I was sure to collect myself and do it on a day my house did not stink of smoke so i would not appear angry. I told him about the smoke and his response was a sarcastic "I don't know how that could happen". I raised my voice and said "Well I'm not lying to you" and went in the house to cool off. I then went back out and apologized for raising my voice. He would NOT accept my apology and has not said a word to me since.

The good news is he did move his grill after I complained but it did not help much. It was that valley effect I think. The better news is he has not used it in sometime. He also used to blast the stereo so loud that I could not hear my television. I would complain and he would turn it down. He has not used the grill in sometime and I have not heard the stereo in sometime. I am guessing other neighbors have complained so he realized it was just not me complaining. If he were a man he would come over and apologize and admit he did not realize what an ass he has been.

She works for the local magistrate. She is well connected in the community and I would only be buying trouble if I were to go to the police over something so trivial.

They are out there drinking again BTW. I guess the 12 hour drunk was not enough yesterday. What is frightening is the friends that left last night driving away. I can only hope they were not drinking for those 12 hours.

On the other side of me I have a young punk kid. He would come in at 12AM, 1AM and slam into the walls. I have not idea what we was doing. He'd invite his buddies over weeknight and the would drink till 4AM out in the backyard. Several times I would ask them to quiet down and was given a wise answer.

Well it turns out mommy owns the unit and pays all of the bills. He live s there with his GF and mommy lives elsewhere. They will have the AC on early May and it is a horrible noisy unit. I am surprised they don't have it on now. In the winter the front door is wide open (in this part of the country we have something called a storm door which is simply a glass door offering little insulation). They don't care because mommy is paying for everything. She even comes over and cleans.

SO I figured if you want to act like a baby then I'll treat you like a baby, so I called mommy. Guess what? The banging stopped and the parties stopped and he is always polite to me.

Wish I could do the same to my other neighbor. A shame because she has always been at least neighborly. Her father is fantastic I think really likes me. I think I earned his respect when I went to rescue a fallen flag at a local VFW. He is a vet and just happened to stop for the very same thing. I should have taken the opportunity to ask him why he lets his daughter live with an immature jackazz.

7. spinnaker

Oct 29, 2009
    ASBO?

What is that?

8. spinnaker

Oct 29, 2009
    I got no problem with that. If he were to come to me like a man and say, we are having some people over, if we get too loud let us know.

Also as long it is not every freakin evening but tthat seems to be the norm now.

At least they are drinking in the backyard. Sometimes they drink out front on the sidewalk. How would you like to come home and have to trip over your neighbors?

That would be fine with me. To their credit they quieted down about 11:30 last night. That is really not too late but I think it was more or the friends doing than anything. I could hear them saying they have to leave.

9. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    Anti Social Behavior Order.

Basically restricts what you do when.

10. spinnaker

Oct 29, 2009

Ahh!

So I guess I am anti social for not hanging with the idiots 12 hours a day? :)

11. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Neighbors must be from WV? :)

12. Glenn Holland

Dec 26, 2014
    If the guy stays home and drinks every day, eventually he will contract severe liver disease and either wind up in the hospital or kick the bucket.

13. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    It has been three years, so he probably already passed. :)

14. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    I had dinner with him last week. He is still looking for a house. No word whether his annoying neighbor was still there or not.

15. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    I thought it was the annoying neighbor who was going to get liver disease? Who did you have dinner with? Spinnaker?

16. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Yes, Spinnaker. Not liver disease, heart attack last year. Better now.

17. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    My comment was somewhat sarcastic and was a reference to the noisy neighbor. Sorry if it seemed insensitive, but I didn't know Spinnaker had been sick.

GopherT likes this.
  18. spinnaker

Oct 29, 2009

Don't worry. Never took it in offense. I know you better. :)

I am back for the winter at least. Had a mild heart attack last spring but was pretty much back in action around May, including back on the bicycle. Docs did nothing because I had 100% blockage of the right artery but I had collateral arteries that will continue to enlarge and become more numerous. Had a second opinion and both agreed best to do nothing in this situation other than meds.

Anyway looks like the house thing is turning around. There was a renovated but unoccupied house I have been trying to see for 3 years now. I finally got the owner to agree to show it.

Bad news is that it is on a moderately busy road, across from an athletic center, needs major landscaping (basically a lawn) and does not have ideal roads for bicycle riding.

The good new is that it is the ideal design that I want. Ranch with everything on the main level. Garage, living space, laundry. As far as I know everything but furnace and water heater so there is no need to make trips up and down stairs on a regular basis unless I want to. Not that I am not perfectly capable of doing stairs just that as the years go by it would be nice to know I can avoid stairs. Plus you never know when an injury can make stairs a problem.

This kind of house is very rare for Western Pennsylvania.

GopherT likes this.