R/C-operated Switch

markosillypig

Joined Jul 21, 2008
hi all
i have looked all over the net for a diagram of a circuit to turn the landing lights on and off my remote control airoplane.
i only need 2 led's to switch on and off via a spare servo conector on the r/c reciever has any one got any idea what woyld be the best circuit to use as the power consumption is low.
i have posted a diagram could anyone simplfy it

Attachments

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
If you just want the leds to turn on and after a while off you can use a transistor to drive them. If your button on the control is a push button the you have to use a thyristor as to keep them on until you press the button again or whatever and reset the thyristor with a transistor. Instead of using thyristor-transistor you can use a single RS flip flop and not this big circuit you designed.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Without knowing about the characteristics of the R/C spare output voltage/current rates and the operating voltage of the overall circuit (which i guess is not over 30V) a BFY51 transistor would be fine. If you want you can tell us more information about your circuit to help more.

markosillypig

Joined Jul 21, 2008
here is a small diagram of what i am wanting to make
its simple i think. The vcc signal to is to operate a transistor on the board witch inturn will switch the led on
hope this helps

Attachments

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Use a BC108 transistor, connect its emitter to ground, connect a 2.2K resistor on its base and then to the signal and then connect the cathodes of the two leds on its collector and use a 100ohm resistor for each led to connect it to 4.8 volts.

markosillypig

Joined Jul 21, 2008
hi i have just discovered that the signal output is a square wave oscillator, pumping out a series of variable 1mS - 2mS pulses over a 20mS frame rate can any one help with this circuit
ps is there an alternative to a tip122 for up to 100ma
thanks

Last edited:

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
If you are going to drive the led with these pulses then its ok because it pulsates fast enough for your eyes to see that it blinks. The only think you will see is just the led to be continuously on (in reality it will pulsate) because of a phenomenon called the persistence of vision. Check my spectrum analyzer here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-4h3l9O4fc

actually one column only is turned on each time, but because they get refreshed fast you see them as to be turned on all the time. This is to convince that it works.

karthik_dm

Joined Oct 16, 2008
hi all
i have looked all over the net for a diagram of a circuit to turn the landing lights on and off my remote control airoplane.
i only need 2 led's to switch on and off via a spare servo conector on the r/c reciever has any one got any idea what woyld be the best circuit to use as the power consumption is low.
i have posted a diagram could anyone simplfy it
---------------
it think this design may satisfy u....connect this circuit to the output of your RF remote reciever...the leds start blink when the signal is recieved.

Attachments

karthik_dm

Joined Oct 16, 2008
hi but sorry but the voltage has to be 4.8 volts :)
the circuit will work fine for 4.8 volts too....:cool: but you have to lower the series resistor value for LEDs. you just match its value by trial and error method....how ever try this 3v(work fine for 4.8v too)circuit with modification of previously posted one(my design.jpg)

Attachments