quick answers

eranda

Joined Jan 8, 2013
I have few questions which are needed to be answered quickly.

1)Differences between direct and indirect power converters?
2)Explain the use of thyristor as current inverter.
3)Differences between line and switch mode power supplies?
4)operation of "force commutated bridge inverter circuit(with a circuit)?:confused:

Thanks a lot friends, really a big help.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Wow someone isn't too demanding. :rolleyes:

eranda, Would you like us to make a cup of coffee for you while you wait for your answer? Anything else you need?

Let me give you a tip on how things work around here. You create a post with a well thought out subject line ( quick answers is a horrible subject line). Then you create a message using words like please and thank you. Then you wait for a response for as long as it takes. If you don't get a response in a couple of days then feel free to bump your own thread. But keep in mind you still might not get an answer.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Didn't have time, he needed answers QUICK. :D
Yeah, I see the problem. Because if you didn't them out FAST, you would have had to make sure they were CORRECT. Since he specificallly indicated that FAST was important but never indicated that CORRECT was of any particular value, you made the right choice! :D

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
At the OP: Seriously, don't take too much offense. A lot of people here put in a lot of time and effort in helping people with their problems, homework or otherwise, and we see a LOT of people that come here and want immediate answers to their homework without feeling they have any need to show any work whatsoever. We occasionally vent at their expense.

Some of those are people that just didn't know what the expectations were and who will take a step back and come at it the way the should and start a long and fruitful experience here. Others (sadly most) really do seem to feel entitled to immediate and free solutions to their homework and are never heard from again. We, of course, have no idea which category you fall into. If you are in the latter, well, then too bad and you deserve the roasting. If you are in the former, then all you need to do is make a better post where you show your efforts at the problems and don't show unreasonable expectations or sense of entitlement and you will almost certainly get lots of good assistance.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
But I'll return.
Yes! Let me personally thank you for giving us all a good laugh. But I want to thank you more for coming back with a positive attitude.

We all enjoy helping each other and I hope we can help you with your next post.

Cheers!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
And don't forget that only a tiny portion of it was actually laughing at you. It was mostly someone making an initial comment at your expense and then others jumping on the wagon and riding THAT comment, not deriding you.

See you around!