Questions regarding SRAM and ROM

electricquark

Joined Mar 22, 2013
I've spent the past two hours trying to find the answer online and can't find anything even close to what I'm looking for. I have a few questions:

-How would a 4kx8 SRAM be made out of 1kx8 SRAMs allowing required external logic

-How to make a memory module that consists of 6Kx8 EPROM and 2Kx8 SRAM out of 2Kx8 EPROMs and 1Kx8 SRAMs. The memory module should have the following memory map: 0-17FF Hex = EPROM, 1800-1FFF Hex = SRAM

and also not as important but when using ROM to implement logic, how is the memory map shown?

Any help would be appreciated, including just a link to somewhere I can read about some of this stuff.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
-How would a 4kx8 SRAM be made out of 1kx8 SRAMs allowing required external logic
A 4kx8 SRAM has 12 address lines while 1Kx8 SRAM has 10 address lines. You can put the upper 2 addresses through a decoder to adress the /CS pins of the 1kx8 sram. The rest of the addresses and data can be tie together as most of the sram has tri-state data outputs.

-How to make a memory module that consists of 6Kx8 EPROM and 2Kx8 SRAM out of 2Kx8 EPROMs and 1Kx8 SRAMs. The memory module should have the following memory map: 0-17FF Hex = EPROM, 1800-1FFF Hex = SRAM
The answer is almost the same as the first one... You need slightly more complicated address decoding on the address lines befoe entering the memories. Take note that the SRAM has /CS & /WR & /RD lines and the eprom has only /CS and /RD lines.

Show your work so others can comment on it.

Allen

Last edited: