questions about rules

Evanguy

Joined Dec 21, 2014
so i understand that you dont want posts about automotive subjects and i see the reasons. they make sence where they stop making sence is you stop any internal combustion engine talk regardless of if it has motion or not. im all for following the rules if they are clear. a generator is not an automotive in any sence of the word. so can the rules be changed to state, no internal combustion electronics talk since not all motors are used for motion. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/automotive

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I think automotive is clear enough. Changing it to internal combustion would allow modifications that are not engine related, such as to brake lights. As I recall, automotive lighting was one reason the restriction was "automotive" as modifications to such lighting can have serious risks.

Also, I believe modifications to model aircraft systems are allowed. It so happens that CDI is the most common type of ignition used in gasoline-powered models.

John

Evanguy

Joined Dec 21, 2014
yes, i see what your saying i ment to word that as ic engines in addition to the existing rules. but ive since talked to a mod and found out i was in the wrong because i wasnt clear enough in my post with that i was going to use it for. ic engine talk is alllowed but should be explained more so then say, another common topic. so this thread is usless, i was uninformed.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
so i understand that you dont want posts about automotive subjects and i see the reasons. they make sence where they stop making sence is you stop any internal combustion engine talk regardless of if it has motion or not. im all for following the rules if they are clear. a generator is not an automotive in any sence of the word. so can the rules be changed to state, no internal combustion electronics talk since not all motors are used for motion. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/automotive
I don't think there is anything in the rules the prohibits talking about work on a generator. That's not to say that a specific thread might not be deemed disallowed based on the moderators concluding that that specific thread, regardless of the topic, was venturing too far into territory that might put someone at risk.