Question to 'Beenthere" mainly

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
i allowed to ask why this circuit i have wont work anymore, according to your policy

Asking how to make a circuit that will cause harm intentionally is what i cant do and i did it twice so i understand that part, you caught me on the post "it got closed by this super moderator guy beenthere" and i have a feeling that you will probbably review all of my post's

and you dont know for sure that my capacitor charger circuit was related to a taser but anyway if i wanted to make a taser i already know how so its not like you guys here are at fault for my injury (which in the current and voltage ratio can be made unfatal), but i fully understand why you got annoyed.

There is my statement now my question

Why is it that pulse DC shock's me e.g taking power on and off

That question is not asking you how i can shock myself for fun it is asking why do i accidentally get shocked from Pulse DC and not direct DC

And Yes iam sorry i have now ready the policy and will think twice ( or maybe 4 times) before i make posts like this again

also My doorbell relay question Actually is related to Christmas lights so please dont close it i need that one

Chris

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Why is it that pulse DC shock's me e.g taking power on and off
That is hard to answer without knowing more about the situation. DC pulses of what magnitude and frequency? How do you "take power on and off".

I turn 120 VAC on and off with a switch, and never get the slightest shock.

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
Well when you connect power to a transformer to make it a step up transformers it wont give me a constant 240V for a small neon globe and i dont want to use 'real' 240, the light inly goes on if i take the power lead and touch the terminal on and off how do i get a constant stream of 240 with no in the transformer with the 9V battery do i need a blocking oscillator

Chris

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
If this is a small neon like a NE2 you will need very little current to light it. You just need the supply voltage to exceed about 90V peak.

What you are describing ( electric shock ) with the 9V battery is how an automotive spark coil works.

To light a NE2 with a low voltage battery you will need to build a small inverter-- DC in / AC out.

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
Sorry i forgot to mention i want it to Strobe but i have to manually oscillate it (touch the battery terminal with the step up wire then take it off and repeat) i want to create a circuit that will do this for me so i can get this light to strobe.

And another quick Question What is the brightest light (LED Neon xenon) that i can buy that isn't really expensive, as christmas lights aren't going to be bright enough for inside our house

And the 'shock' i was connecting the battery to the transformer and holding the light on the high voltage side because i didnt have anymore aligator clips and as the battery went on i got shocked and its not pleasent.

AND NO THIS IS NOT ASKING HOW TO MAKE A TAZER(just making sure)

Chris The input is a 9V batery

Attachments

Last edited: