Question on site e-mail

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
When I receive an e-mail via the AAC e-mail form I am given two options: Either follow a link to another AAC e-mail form to reply or click the sender's mail to reply myself with my mail client.
I repeat, the sender's e-mail is visible to me.

Is that because I am a moderator or all of you guys can see each other's mail? Is there a way to hide this information?

My concern stems from me dealing with an angry customer every other day.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I think it is visible, since I have received an e-mail from a member to whom I had contacted only via the site form.

A lesson was learned today.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
The option to email another member is under their "contact info" on their profile page. It does not show their email address directly, but you can still send them an email. Perhaps that's how the user was able to send you an email.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
No, because the last time I didn't get an e-mail via the AAC form. If you notice there's a standard overhead on these messages. This time the sender was the person in question directly.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
That's odd. I just sent a test email, and it did not work the way I thought it did....

Have you ever given your email address to another member, who may have given it to him?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I received your e-mail via the client. It showed your e-mail address which I now have (Mwahahaha).

I tried to reply to check if you can see mine too, but you have them deactivated.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I received your e-mail via the client. It showed your e-mail address which I now have (Mwahahaha).

I tried to reply to check if you can see mine too, but you have them deactivated.
My email address is so hard to guess, isn't it? :D:p

I did not realize I had them deactivated. I'll have to check that out.

Have you thought of asking the member how they got your email address?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
That clears it. I never noticed it. Thanks, bertus!
I 'll be more careful in the future.

The only conflict is that users under 10 posts can't receive PMs, I think.