Question on PMSM motor driver

daug

Joined Mar 30, 2009
When a sine wave of current is applied to a PMSM motor, I do not much understand how the current flow. Picture1 is the schematic(page 19). Picture 2 shows the sample voltage on the shunt resistor(R5),channel 1 . We can see the positive and nagetive half wave.

My question is , when the lower MOS swtich is on, there is positive voltage on the shunt resistor, but how the negative wave comes? By the freewheeling current flow through the built-in diode in the MOSFET?

Attachments

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I ripped out the schematic images. I don't understand your question.

Are you wondering how the negative part of the cycle is driven? On the right half of the top schematic are Three Half H-Bridge Drivers, one for each phase.

Power Circuit:

Control Circuit:

Attachments

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
You might want to add a second very fast recovery diode across the MOSFET assist in killing those spikes. The body diode doesn't seem to be speedy enough.

P.S. Nice scopes! The one on the right looks familiar, except the language, of course. :)

yscheok

Joined Jun 13, 2009
Hi all,

currently i try to setup hardware of motor drive for the PMSM. but i facing problem to drive the motor. attachment is my connection circuit.

1.When dc link is on, i switch on the S1 & S4, the rest switch is off. there is no voltage at the R1, itz because of the too low resistance and act as short circuit? (it causing my IGBT module burned) :(

2.But when i remove the motor and put a resistance load, when switch on the S1 and S4, there is a voltage drop on the resistance when measure with multimeter. that mean my switching is no problem.

where is my mistake to when operating the PMSM motor? :confused: can you all give me some advise?

Attachments

cachapo

Joined Aug 24, 2009
Hi everybody,

I´ve got a PMSM running, and I´ve noticed something strange...

The current that I´m reading in one of the phases of the motor is much higher than the current that I read in the power supply. Does anybody know why?

Thanks.