Question non-related to Electronics

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Yeah, I did an eye exam in the routine checks about 5 months ago. And had 19/20 vision. But I forgot to mention this specific burning of the eyes problem.
Reminds me of a story from my dad. He was in the early stages of ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) and was wonderful at compensating. So he's at the Doctor, when he's done Mom comes in and asks him (in front of the doc) "what did he say about your legs?"

The doc said "there's a problem with his legs?"

I use dorky magnifies with a headband, the kind you get at harbor freight over my regular glasses. Works great.
+1

I just got those a couple months ago. I just love them, much easier then working over a microscope.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
It's more of a general question and isn't about electronics but I'm guessing the question is relevant to fellow computer/electrical engineers. I just wanted some advise in what do you guys do to prevent eyes fatigue while on the job/ study.

My eyes constantly burn because of studying/working on the computer for longs period of time. It's becoming a problem really.

Any advise, and how do you guys personally deal with this? Thanks a lot.
You could try to stop smoking pot and sniffing glue at your desk.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
I got a pair of glasses a while ago fom the safety glass people, I need bifocals due to many years of staring at circuit boards up close. the new bifocals have the close viewing magnifiers both above and below the center. now I can see close things above me and below. also, I can see the monitor and the keyboard at the same time without bending my neck allo the time. hint--- dont get them in blended lenses.