Question..In The News

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Another thing I don't understand about this situation, why did the police let him keep the gun? Even if they let him go in court/grand jury, shouldn't the gun be kept as evidence until that point in time?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I see a lot of judgment without the facts on this thread. A lot of people all over the USA would like to see this man lynched, facts be damned. The Black Panthers have put a $10K reward like he was running, when he turned himself in and gave testimony. There are no legal entities out to arrest him, and they can pick him up at any time. By my logic the press have just helped put a contract out on this individual. This sounds like justice?

So if he has a Grand Jury indictment, and they conclude the facts do not support an arrest, will this be the end of it? I don't think so, too many people have declared this man guilty, and facts simply do not matter any more.
I completely agree, and have entertained that though already. His life is over (in America at least), no matter what. If he is tried by a jury of his peers and found innocent, people on the streets will take out their "street justice" on him. Not even witness protection could help him - EVERYONE knows his face. He would have to leave the country.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The problem in USA. Is that it is to many idiots and to many guns. In my country Norway I guess we have about the same percentage with idiots. But at least 99.9 percent of them do not carry a gun. As it strictly prohibited for common people. Even the police do not carry a gun unless the situation calls for it.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Your country is not prepared ?.......Well you have Nerdsgutta.

He is an action hero,you can see it in his eye's.

The I's have its,you are protected.

P.S. You are not allowed to hunt for food,when did your country

put you on a fish diet.

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Your country is not prepared ?.......Well you have Nerdsgutta.

He is an action hero,you can see it in his eye's.

The I's have its,you are protected.

P.S. You are not allowed to hunt for food,when did your country

put you on a fish diet.
Yeah I know Nerdegutta is a an Action man. An Action man with a somewhat darker side that until know has been a well kept secret:p

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Bill_Marsden said:
If I am in my neighborhood and someone takes a swing at me, forcing me to the ground and beating on my person I will defend myself, with lethal force if need be.
If you chase down an unarmed man and shoot him during the ensuing altercation, I don't think you can cop the 'self-defense' plea.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I couldn't agree more. If I were attacked then I would do anything to protect myself.

Saying that - I would not use any force against someone because they 'looked' suspicious.

Something about a book and its cover...

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Makes you wonder why the news media only shows the picture of him at about 12 years of age.

Edit: I don't know who is guilty of what, but I think if the news is to be reported, it should be accurate, and not portray a
6'1" teenager as a 12 year old.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-shirt-bearing-rappers-crude-lyrics-sale.html

read down on the page right under the pic of his mother with al sharpton & jesse jackson, or just read my exceprt:

"It was revealed today that Sabrina Fulton, the boy’s mother, filed two petitions last week to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to specifically gain the rights to the phrases ‘I Am Trayvon’ and ‘Justice For Trayvon’, both of which have been frequently used by protesters across the country.
The patent application shows that she is specifically looking for control of the use of those phrases on CDs and DVDs, so it should have little to no effect on the creation of t-shirts or hoodies for the cause."
Is his mother really trying to capitalize on his death?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
We have been comemting on what the parents have said,so people can

judge for themselfes. The facts say the family didn't have much control

before his death,after his death..thru there lawyer they have all control.

We can only follow what happen day to day, I see--Early VOTERS BEING

MARCHED TO THE POLLS.In the back ground of the crowds people giving

there information to be used for elections. Getting there social network

account for get out the vote. The longer this drags out,who will it benefit.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
it's been difficult to figure out what is happening. One thing is certain, US is a divided country that has never dealt with its racial tensions. What is even worse is the possibility of a divide within the black community itself - how is an individual to keep their own perspective and not to be seen as a "traitor" when a flood of this magnitude builds?

Yeah.. What's that all about, didn't waste any time mourning did she?
Did you consider that the parents may want to protect his name from being misused and becoming a public property?

fear is stronger than love...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
No matter how this works out I can not but help feel compassion for the parents. They have to grieve for their child (age is not important in this context), and are being pushed and pulled by people all around them who have their own agendas that are not the parents.

They are going to believe the best about their son. This is as it should be.

I would trust a jury if there is a trial. What press reports we get are still inconsistent, so it is likely going to take one to resolve this either way. One advantage to a real trial instead of the yellow dog journalism, it will take long enough for people to cool down, and for those who are interested, get the real facts instead of suppositions.

jimkeith

Joined Oct 26, 2011
Alex Jones has a very good take on this whole issue in this 9 min video clip.
Racial issues will always be present when different races must live together--generally speaking we do (or do not) live harmoniously--it simply is a function of who is 'stirring the pot.' His assessment on the real issues always amazes me.

Secret Of Trayvon Martin Shooting Revealed

Rev. Dr. James Manning (outspoken black pastor of a church in Harlem) also always amazes me--there is not a bone of racism in his body--he has the same take on who is 'stirring the pot'--this 12 min video clip is also a must see:

Racism on Trial

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
And thus it becomes politics. I think we are done here.

Politics and religion are not allowed on AAC. Why is this so hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.