Question About Volume 2 - AC

qbvbsite

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hey,
I'm almost done reading Volume one DC (which I must say is really well done). I was wondering If I should jump to Volume 3 and skip volume 2. The reason for this is I dont see my self doing any AC stuff for quite sometime (maybe when I make a wind turbine) because all my first few projects I want to build are DC powered. So my question is this a good idea or is there valueable information in there that would help out projects like an RC car (battery powered)? Thanks in advance.

--James

dsp_redux

Joined Apr 11, 2009
You definitely should read Volume 2 if you are planning on building an RC car. AC and DC are the basics of all circuits. For exemple, you might need a PWM or RF modulation before transmitting and receiving a signal. the more you know, the better.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Fast DC looks and acts like AC in many ways.

The main reason you should now read it, is because you dont know what you are missing.

When you are building a simple circuit, you may get stumped by something that would have been explained in VOL 2. ;)

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Without AC theory you will be even not able to do all calculations on an amplifier or oscillator.
AC theory is used in many applications.

Bertus