General Feedback Question about the PDFs.

Jonathan Hutson

Joined Mar 7, 2015
Hello, I've been a long time lurker but haven't really posted before. The site's recent revamp looks great. I was wondering though, are the PDFs current? I only ask because the DC book states that it was last updated in October of 2006. I'd like to print this out for easier use but I don't want to print 500+ pages if it's not up to date. I know the contributors list shows more recent contributions than 2006.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I'm not the resident expert on the e-Book but...

Most of what I have seen became available from 1950 to 1975. This is a sort of teaching site, not a cutting edge, breaking new technology site. Each section of the e-Book was believed to be completed when it was posted, except it keeps getting typos and grammar repaired. One really doesn't need to update stuff from 1960 that was summarized in 2006.

If I have said anything foolish, the big-wigs will correct me tomorrow.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hello, I've been a long time lurker but haven't really posted before. The site's recent revamp looks great. I was wondering though, are the PDFs current? I only ask because the DC book states that it was last updated in October of 2006. I'd like to print this out for easier use but I don't want to print 500+ pages if it's not up to date. I know the contributors list shows more recent contributions than 2006.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
It might be cheaper to buy a crappy tablet and download them or access them online when needed. Then you have them all and always a accessible.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
You can check to see the current content of the eBook at the ibilio site (this site attempts to mirror the content there). Much of the DC circuits section has been verified without much changing beyond minor revisions.

The contributors list is updated even for small errors, where the last major revision seems to be the number you are referring to.