Quarter Wave and Single Stub Matching

xz4chx

Joined Sep 17, 2012
Thank you so much. Hopefully I don't make dumb mistakes in my calculations. Thank you so much for helping my out with everything. I am slowly getting a better grasp of the concepts and for that I thank you.

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Thank you so much. Hopefully I don't make dumb mistakes in my calculations. Thank you so much for helping my out with everything. I am slowly getting a better grasp of the concepts and for that I thank you.
You are welcome.

What application are you using to do the plotting - Excel?

I use a free Matlab like PC based application called Scilab which makes this sort of work so much easier to implement. Just a thought.....

xz4chx

Joined Sep 17, 2012
Just one more quick question on the subject.

Is it good to have a large fractional bandwidth or a smaller one. Started researching this topic as it seems to be the topic of one of my questions and I couldn't find much on it online, except the definition of it.

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
I'm not sure if there is a definitive answer. The most likely response would be that the greater (fractional) bandwidth would be the desirable outcome - all other things (e.g losses) being relatively equal.

If this were the case of a RF transmitting antenna feed system then a wider bandwidth would allow one to transmit over a greater range of operating frequencies than would be the case with a more limited range imposed by a narrower bandwidth. But one often has other tweaking apparatus available which might in practice, circumvent such a limitation.