Pyramid CR73G mod

ranks33

Joined May 9, 2011
Am trying to find some info on how to mod this crossover to get the low frequency lower.I have a pic of one that is mod but it is not complet.Any help on how to get that done will be good.

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
In that 3rd image, someone has butchered that EQ with haphazardly splicing in caps, wires, etc. - seems the first thing to do would be attempting to restore it to how it was configured originally.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
After you get done cleaning up the sloppy work, we need more information, like how "lower" do you want the frequency? I think 32Hz is plenty low, so you need to help us figure out what you want.

ranks33

Joined May 9, 2011
diy audio yes it is me.The third pic is from a crossover that was modded and the owener started swaping parts from it because he had no use for it.He told me the frequency was much lower than the stock one.The second pic i have there is a stock one which i would like to lower the frequency.Any frequency lower than what it came with will be ok.I have a long list of people that want this mod but i just can't get a complet one to copy it.IF you no anyway i can lower the frequency it will be ok

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
To determine what would need to be changed would require knowing what the entire bass portion of the circuit looked like in schematic format. Simply snapping a photo of the top of the board doesn't tell a lot; we can determine what is a cap, resistor, IC, etc - but it's difficult to tell what the actual values are by photo (many of the cap values are hidden) and we have no clue what the wiring looks like on the underside of the board.

The IC's marked BA4558 are dual opamps.

ranks33

Joined May 9, 2011
Are there any circuits i can build to to lower the frequency that is coming out of the bass section?

Crossover Slope 12 dB/octave
Phase Selector Yes
<LI class=even>Low Pass Frequencies 32 - 400 Hz