PWM RC Car

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by André Ferrato, May 29, 2015.

1. André Ferrato

Thread Starter Member

Apr 5, 2015
    I was wondering how to make a remote controlled car with Speed Control and Forward, Reverse directions, how it could be done ? I made one a few weeks ago from HT12 chips(Encoder, Decoder), a L293D and a pair of RX/TX 315 Mhz modules, but it had no speed control. How to implement it ? By the way i see it, the PWM signal would need to come from the Transmitter and then Received by something that can read PWM right ? The devices i used in my old rc car are not capable of doing that right ?

2. upand_at_them

May 15, 2010
    No, don't send PWM from TX to RX. TX should send the speed value and RX should read this and produce the necessary PWM signal.

3. André Ferrato

Thread Starter Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Do you have a circuit that i could take a look ? I can't imagine how to do it.. The modules i used are not capable ? Also the device used to read the PWM would be a Microcontroller or is too much for that ? Encoders and Decoders could be used ? I fell like talking nonsense.. but i am new to this :)