PV system advice please!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jamari, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Jamari

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Hello guys I am looking for a good advice from someone that has a good experience in the field.
    I have a 90m2 roof in my home , I have a plan to install a solar PV system about 60m2, but I am not an expert in this field and I would like an advice for you guys , if someone can suggest to me an information about different PV manufacturers , or a place where I can compare PV panels and manufacturers , from their efficiency or costs will be great :)

Looking for you suggestions guys :)

2. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Before you start, is your roof suitably orientated to get maximum solar efficiency? That will be a factor in determining the array size you need for a given anticipated load.

3. BeerBelly

Dec 16, 2013
    Here in the USA I know who to recommend but where are you?

4. Jamari

Feb 10, 2014
    Hello guys thanks for your response, I live in Germany.
    Alec_t I searched something based on your advice but seams in my country we don't have much information about that, I was thinking if I install the panels in the ground can I have maximum solar efficiency ??

BeerBelly no man I am not in USA:) Thank you , maybe if I have other questions I'll let you know :)
    Maybe you can give to me an advice for this site http://www.pvcompare.net/en/database-manufacturers , maybe I will choose one of this producers I don't really know what to do now..

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  5. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Since you are in Germany, maximum efficiency for a fixed solar array would be if the array faces south.

6. Jamari

Feb 10, 2014
    HI , Thank you you think that positioning the solar array in the south direction I will have maximum efficiency :) that mast be great.

Can you suggest me a paper schema showing also the angle do you have one.
    You can post it here :)

Thank you for your advice :)