PSPICE

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by dhosinski, Dec 5, 2008.

1. dhosinski

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Hello:

I'm working on a project for a class I'm in requiring us to use PSPICE to determine "Rin" and the gain 'Av" of a transistor circuit. Will LTSPICE convert to a PSPICE model? If not, where can I download a copy of PSPICE so I can work on my project.

Thank you
    Darrin

2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    Visit www.cadence.com where you can download a free version of SPICE but with limited size of circuit simulation. However, it will be enough for your circuit.

3. dhosinski

Dec 6, 2007
    Thank you! I appreciate it. It's been a while since I used SPICE so that's going to be fun.

4. dhosinski

Dec 6, 2007
    Hello, I tried to load the PSPICE schematic tool (ver 16) but it says I need to already have a couple of other files?

Am I grabbing the wrong file? I'm just looking to run a PSPICE simulation. the output is a "text file" that gets saved to a folder....

Please let me know if I'm using the wrong file.

Thanks

5. dhosinski

Dec 6, 2007
    Hello, I found a download. Is PSPICE student version 16 a 768MB file?

6. dhosinski

Dec 6, 2007
    okay, my instructor only wants us to use PSPICE 1.5. We cannot use anything that models the circuit, only the text file input.

I have created the input file and opened the CMD window and changed directory to the location where the file is located. All of the files for PSPICE are located within the file but when I type "pspice file.cir file.out <cr>" it says that I am using improper syntax. Can someone please help?

Thanks