PSpice Components

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by muashr, Feb 18, 2014.

1. muashr

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Hi,

I have a question regarding discrete components (e.g. transistors, diodes etc.) available in Lite/Demo version of PSpice 16.6.

And the question is whether or not there are components in PSpice which are commercially available.

Since, I have to work with transistor like BC 140 I want to know how closely the PSpice model components resemble in functioning with the actual components.

Also, is there any way to change parameters of transistor available in PSpice such that its functioning resembles the actual one?

Lastly, a number of similar transistor or diode or ground models are available and therefore I need an advice in choosing the correct one for the simulation?

Thanks

2. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    I'll give your questions a shot.

Yes

They usually look very much like a "typical" component. For example if beta can be between 100 and 200 they will often use 150.
    They do not burn up however, so you need to make sure you are using them inside the specs.

Yes you can change parameters, but it is a little complicated.

You need to compare data sheets.

You might want to look at LTSpice. It is free and has a Yahoo users group that can supply help and models.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014