ps2/ps3 controller mod: auto level grinding, help needed

bobcool

Joined Sep 5, 2009
Hi guys, little intro, I am just getting in to circuitry, but I work in construction under a electrician, before that I built computers for a living. I have good soldering skills and basic electrical knowledge.

The basic idea is to have the game character run right for 10 sec then left for 10 sec then rapidly press X for 10sec in a contentious loop. what I planed to do is solder wires coming of the main board for the right, left, and x contacts to a "circuit timer or timers". I remember a "circuit timer" of sorts used to build diy pulse width modulation fan controllers but the frequency is too high.

What would this "circuit timer" properly called? or is there a better option?
Are there adjustable ones?

any help is greatly appreciated

bobcool

Joined Sep 5, 2009
Do you have a multimeter to check the voltage at the switch terminals? It would help make a simple solid state circuit.
I do and will, out of town right now typing from my phone.

Can't you just google for a software hack, install that on the PS2 and set it up to do what you want.
I only have a ps3 and I have adapter to use my old ps2 controllers which I have no problem with hacking up and I have 1 worn out ps3 one if it's found out easier to be done with.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bobcool

Joined Sep 5, 2009
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
?
Software hacks are done by installing the stuff into a usb drive or DVD and running it first.
I've used them before and had hit and miss success but I'd like to do this using hardware

I oped the ps3 controller but found it wound be way harder to use so I'm using a ps2 one only problem is i don't have one any more. I'm picking one up tomorrow