Prototype boards

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Dr.killjoy, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Dr.killjoy

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    I need to pick up some perf boards or prototype board and was looking at ebay and was wondering where do you guys get your stuff from and are there any good companies on ebay??
    I like using single side board but double side is ok and i like pad per hole ....
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013

Nov 30, 2010
    I think you're asking for a personal opinion. Mine happens to be the same as yours, pad per hole, .1 inch centers. Not a good place to start because I'm old. I still do things the way I learned them 40 years ago, and eBay didn't exist 40 years ago. It's a small miracle that I order from internet electronic sites instead of driving to a local electronics store.

Edit: Gibson is right. Blank PC boards are expensive, but they are expensive for a reason.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  3. Gibson486

Jul 20, 2012
    In short, you get what you pay for. I thought I could save money getting cheap protoboards. When I received it was pretty obvious why they were cheaper. When I started to use them, they became painful at times. It is not to say they are of no use (Painful at times, but they ended up serving the purpose), but I actually understand now why Digikey's boards are more than double the cost.
  4. circuitfella11

May 10, 2013
    almost all the time price dictates product quality.. double/triple cost means good quality, but sometimes it doesn't seem so.. its good to look into some reviews, or people that have experience on a specific protoboard..there are some cheap boards that have good quality, they're out there.. just need to dig up some if you need to..^_^