protective coating for winding coils? product?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Almost any enamel type paint would work to fix the coils. Even the old but ever-present shellac would be good to use.

Just use string, fishing line or tape to secure the coil and submerge in the 'stuff'. Remove and place where it can drip and dry.

You should thin the enamel with V&PM naptha, so it will penetrate the inside of the windings more easily, or do it the slow way and wind on a layer and paint brush on some enamel then wind another layer etc. etc.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
i LOVE ancient alchemy. I make Ormus, white atomic gold. using dead sea salt. massive earth minerals you cant get elsewhere. it is known as a spirit drug. it changes the body frequency to a more healthy one. Moses gave it to the isrealites in the bible, its kept them healthy for the long duration via the dessert supposebly?
If you walk in NY, you can see the long time effects of this "spirit drug"

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
im trying to purchase a product (not sure of the name) but it is used to protect copper coils and stop them from unraveling? I think it my be called 'resin' or 'epoxy' or 'acrylic'? i need a cheap product to coat my copper coils after i wind them cause they always seem to unwind.

what is this product that i need?
A company I worked for years ago made commercial vehicle instruments, right down to winding their own coils for their moving coil instrument heads.

To keep the armature as light as possible; the coil had no former - the wire crossed a wick soaked in iso-propyl alcohol on its way into the winding machine, this made the enamel covering sticky until the alcohol evaporated.

You could peel the wire ends out for connecting up, but the winding as a whole was stable enough to glue the bearing pivots on and attach a pointer.