Protect your computer

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
dcwg.com. By mldnite eastern
?

this .com domain name is for sale.

The above web address that you entered to come here is available to purchase.

Prices on our premium domain names start at only $995 (nine hundred and ninety-five us dollars), inclusive of the escrow fee.

If you would like to receive further information, including the price for this specific domain name, please email: info@nucom.com

normally you will receive a reply by email within 24 hours. If you do not, it may be that your email did not reach us. In that case, please contact us by fax or leave a voice message at one of the following numbers:

1-800-882-1697 (us); 0845-280-2067 (uk); +44-845-280-2067 (international)

please remember to specify the domain name that you are interested in.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Apparently I'm safe. If my internet was cut off, I'd at least know the reason for my paypal going all screwy. But right now, it's still a mystery :(

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I gave up permanently on PayPal when someone tried to keep withdrawing over $1K in Russia, and PayPal told me, Sorry, the system is automated, nothing we can do. So I did something. Closed the accounts they were linked into and never looked back.

Thinking back on it, I wonder if it was collusion.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I gave up permanently on PayPal when someone tried to keep withdrawing over $1K in Russia, and PayPal told me, Sorry, the system is automated, nothing we can do. So I did something. Closed the accounts they were linked into and never looked back.

Thinking back on it, I wonder if it was collusion.
Mine just limited my access (wouldn't let me transfer money or do anything) and started asking for very sensitive information. It was saying in order to return my account to regular standing, I had to provide proof of address, SSN, and a photo ID. Eventually it stopped asking for that (after a few months), but it still wouldn't let me do anything. I got so fed up with it I finally just closed the account yesterday. Problem is that I really need paypal for a few things....

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Mine just limited my access (wouldn't let me transfer money or do anything) and started asking for very sensitive information. It was saying in order to return my account to regular standing, I had to provide proof of address, SSN, and a photo ID. Eventually it stopped asking for that (after a few months), but it still wouldn't let me do anything. I got so fed up with it I finally just closed the account yesterday. Problem is that I really need paypal for a few things....
that's bizarre man. i've never heard anything like that.

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
I have been getting emails from some "poser" saying that same stuff about my paypal account. However, it is going to an email address that is not and has never been linked to my paypal account. My spam filter picks it up quite readily and places it in my spam folder. What is interesting about it is that in the spam folder I see the actual link address vs an underlined word in the email text body. The link goes no where near paypal... :rolleyes:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I've seen alot of scams wanting my info from paypal and I ignored all of them. I did open them ... in text only ... to read their line of BS. Their links typically never went to the correct address at paypal.

Due dilligence is always necessary for all things on the internet.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I personally never had any problems with (the real)PP but there are many people who apparently have:
http://www.paypalsucks.com/

I used with ebay and for oversea money transfer though.
That site is the only reason they (I assume the Russian Mafia) did not get money from me. I followed PayPalSucks advice and opened a checking account that I could transfer money into online, and kept it short on cash.

Unfortunately the banks now charge for second checking accounts. Tis OK, since I don't use PayPal, and unless they change, never will.

IMO they should be treated like a bank, and be accountable in the same ways. A lot less fraud would happen that way.