Proper regulator to obtain 2.5 amp and 15v from 50v battry bank...??

bhargav shankhalpara

Joined May 9, 2010
Hello everyone...

I got confused in my project power supply section...

I made one sliding mechanism project in that i use 0.5A stepper motor. At the place, where i want to use this project has only source of electricity is battery bank of 52V.

voltage and current rating of my project i measure 12.00V and 0.600A.

please suggest me what kind of regulator i should used. suggest me any link...!!

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Hello everyone...

I got confused in my project power supply section...

I made one sliding mechanism project in that i use 0.5A stepper motor. At the place, where i want to use this project has only source of electricity is battery bank of 52V.

please suggest me what kind of regulator i should used. suggest me any link...!!
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm2576.pdf

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Why did you title your post "regulator to obtain 2.5 amp and 15v from 50v" instead of "0.60A and 12.0V from 52V?

Anyway, I think it would be hard to find the solution ready built for you. The LM2576HV sounds like a good solution but you will have to build the circuit shown in Fig. 1.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
After about 5 minutes of web searching I found several suitable regulators.

Anything you build will be more expensive and less reliable then something you buy for the intended purpose. (Anything *I* built would be the same.)

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Anything you build will be more expensive and less reliable then something you buy for the intended purpose. (Anything *I* built would be the same.)
I don't know; I have seen some pretty crappy assembly, soldering, and layout on "factory built" electronics (even at some factories owned by US companies I worked for.) Now, if you are comparing homemade with the best manufactured products, maybe I would agree on quality, but then the cost advantage comes into question.