Projector lift

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehmh05

Joined May 26, 2014
Hi Guys

New to the forum, so i hope this is in the right section

I was wanting to build a projector lift myself. The ready made ones costs over £500 and are not at all appealing to me.

I am good at designing but the problem is: I have very little electrical knowledge

Ok; So the lift would need to be able to lift the weight of projector + the casing : maximum of 15kg

I am not sure if I need an actuator or a motor. If i need an actuator, can you tell me which voltage/ power etc. Also i would need the controls to move this up and down. i prefer a switch which would take it down to a set position after just pressing it once and taking it back up with one press of a button to the set position. All materials needed, can you include them please. And also , how easy would it be to adjust the position settings later on?

PS. Can you include how much extra it would cost to do the same as above but with a simple wireless control unit

Edit:I have around 150 - 200 to spend on this but want asolid system to withstand the cold etc in the attick as this is where the actuator would be (to pull the projector into the ceiling)

Status
Not open for further replies.