Project

Louie101086

Joined Feb 17, 2008
i would like to build this on a small scale maybe 12x12 just to play with and learn but what could i use to make this i have done some research and have found pic12f629 can be used to make similar effects could someone point me in the right direction or try something like this on a smaller scale and show us

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I've moved your post into its own thread, where it will draw more responses.

Please refrain from "hijacking" existing threads with tangent or off-topic questions. You can create new threads for new questions using the "New Thread" button on the upper left of the page.

I cut this off an old thread, and lost the reference. Please tell us what the project is again.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I'll hazard a guess that the original thread was about multiplexing LEDs.

If you purchase a PICkit 1 from Microchip, it comes with a PIC12F675 (which is a PIC12F629 with an ADC) and the board has 8 LEDs on it; you can solder in four more for a complement of 12 LEDs. These LEDs are "Charlieplexed". Perform a Google search on Charlieplexing to get a background on this interesting technique. The PIC12F675 that comes with the PICkit 1 is already programmed with "default.c", which flashes the originally-installed 8 LEDs in sequence. It is possible to modify "default.c" to flash additional LEDs, and also to change the sequence in which they are flashed.