Project using a pad preassure sensor

JungoM18

Joined Feb 15, 2014
Hello, I am working on a project where I am using a pad preasure sensor signal to drive an interrupt on a PIC33F and keep the program running while the pad is being pressed. My problem is that I am interrupting a hig sinla fromdirectly from the batteries through this pad and a lot of current is being synked trhough the Microcontroller. my project is battery powered so I can not stand waisting to much energy. Can simeone please help me ti better use the Pad sensor as a switch but consuming a lot less current?

JungoM18

Joined Feb 15, 2014
Hello,

Is just a pad sensor made out of conductive fibers, No hardware at all. My problem is that I am ysing this sensor to interrup a High voltage signal going to the Micro acting as an interrupt and then as an input to a port. By doing this my program works perfectly but while the pad is pressed I am synking a lot of current (aprox 18mA) and I would like not to waste all this energy. Is there a way for me to configure the same pad sensor differently and not use this much energy??? Your help would greatly be appreciated.