Project topic suggestions needed!

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by xeroshady, Aug 1, 2012.

1. xeroshady

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Hey guys, I need to design an analog circuit with some good practical application for a college 1st year project. No digital components should be used, stuff like speakers, microphones, OP-AMPS can be used. I had an idea of designing a light organ, but my professor told me it was too simple. Any other ideas for a not-too-simple-yet-not-too-complex project? :)

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    What general areas interest you? Alternative energy, music, communications, instrumentation, telemetry? You'll do a lot better if you're motivated by something you like.

3. xeroshady

Aug 1, 2012
    definitely music. that's why I thought of the light organ, but can't seem to think of anything else :/

4. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Well, there are an awful lot of options for processing guitar effects, if that sounds interesting. It's a beaten path, so finding something novel might be tough. But the experimentation reported online is endless.

Someone posted here in the last few days wanting a bagpipe tuner. That's sort of novel.

5. xeroshady

Aug 1, 2012
    i need a guitar for a guitar effects processor and bagpipes for a bagpipe tuner, and unfortunately, i'm quite low on resources like that, can't afford to borrow stuff, since i'd be needing them for 4 months to finish the project.
    forgive me, but... any other ideas?

6. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    You can process or generate tones without an actual instrument. I suppose you could even make yourself an instrument, like a synthesizer.

xeroshady likes this.
  7. Kailand09

Jul 30, 2012
    You could always make and modify a theremin, maybe add more so you can control harmony with your foot!

8. xeroshady

Aug 1, 2012
    that's a very nice idea, thanks a ton! :)

9. EarlAnderson

Nov 13, 2011
    You could try making some wireless speakers. Maybe even a laser audio transmitter