project suggestion

keycam

Joined Mar 22, 2010
hi guys.. am currently 4th yr electronics engineering student..and our group are having a hard time to think a proposed research for our subj..can someone here helps us to choose a best research or project that we can build or develop?P.S. our group is thinking to develop a motion tracking,that would video the captured image..and can choose to 1 or 2 person to be focused..Thank You!!...

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
Here's a project I'd love to see someone take on: a pulsed current sink/source that works on DC voltages up to 50 V or so and allows adjustment of current in two scales, 0 to 2 A and 0 to 20 A. You can read more in this thread. Before you turn your nose up at it as a project, it would require a fair bit of work. The output would be a variety of circuits that could be built by hobbyists at different levels of expertise. This requires both good documentation and actual experience with one or two built units. The objective should be a robust design with commonly available parts and easy construction. Both dead bug and a PCB layout would be nice. The output would be a well-written design and construction document that instructs others on how to build one, including a thorough engineering evaluation of the design and troubleshooting information. This is good training for industrial work, as proper engineering projects involve instructing others in how to manufacture the designed device and troubleshoot it when something goes wrong. Take a look at older HP and GR manuals for examples of how this was well-done.

I mentioned in the other thread that it's a tool that I'd like to have. I'm guessing a simple one could be built around an IRF540 MOSFET and a comparator. However, the deluxe version I described (integrates the current in the pulse and provides a logarithmic output in A*s (coulombs)) would be more worthy for a student project.

lihle

Joined Apr 12, 2009
hi guys.. am currently 4th yr electronics engineering student..and our group are having a hard time to think a proposed research for our subj..can someone here helps us to choose a best research or project that we can build or develop?P.S. our group is thinking to develop a motion tracking,that would video the captured image..and can choose to 1 or 2 person to be focused..Thank You!!...
ok

since you are in need of a project i can help but since you are a group please try to elaborate on the whole thinking process Because when your are thinking of a project or Research you have to come up with a problem and then try to solve it so that everyone can benefit from your results but if you want to get something simple i can give you.

First let me know how you are planning to capture the picture and sent it to where since capturing motion would be simple.

lihle
"everything is worth a try"