project help needed..

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
so wat do I do abt dat nw??ne suggestions??

What?????? Use complete sentences please. This is not the place for using texting.

And you are going to have to put a lot more effort into this project on your own. What have you done so far and what part of the project is giving you problems?

sidy1411

Joined Nov 30, 2012
Actually.v havnt done much on the project till now....v have understood about the 555 part wprking and that is somewhat clear but when it came to the motor.driving.circuit v gpt really confused as to how it ws working.....dat is why I meed m help about d circuit working...could you.plz suggest some replacement or modifications for the motor driving circuit because we hav to use the 555 circuit given....

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Again with the texting.

My suggestion is to forget about the project.

It's based on a 555 r/c timer which is not going to be real stable in the long run. your panel will need constant maintenance.

Not sure how many panels you have but if it is just one or two, it will be far cheaper and easier to buy larger more efficient panels and set them in a fixed position.

If I were to do the project I would use a crystal based mcu with a real time clock. The panel's azimuth could then be adjusted through the year and the heading through the day using the clock. Fine adjustment could then be done my sensing the panel voltage to achieve the best position.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
My suggestion is to forget about the project.
I think I have to agree. All this effort to sense the sun and herk and jerk the panels around to follow it makes no sense. The position of the sun in the sky is no mystery and can be predicted with incredible accuracy.

The challenge is how to take that information and convert it to a mechanical position, and spinnaker has given a sensible approach.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
As another "fixed" solution, you could buy two smaller panels and place one in an optimal position for morning and the other for the afternoon.

Sometimes the cheapest and easiest solutions are the best.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
The 555s accuracy is not a problem with this ckt. Mechanically it's a real beast,; but if just a small domonstrator with direct drive maybe not so complicated. Believe a handfull of diodes got lost in motor drive. It's late & my brain turns off at 9 PM.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
More problems: There seems no provision to reverse the steppers, the pannel just goes around & around-- might need slip rings to harvest power. Standby current only 25μA ??, with standard 555's.
' think this is a dead end.