Project for Sci Fi Prop

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Grinner, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Grinner

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    My goal is to rig up a system for a LARP I play in which I play a sci-fi sawbones.

The following is the goal.
    I've tweaked two "massage" paddles to act as defribbilator paddles that feed through cording to look as if it connects to this primary "box"
    The box is where the project comes in. Again this is for show with a minimal real purpose.. This is, afterall, me wetting my feet in electronic projects.

Two buttons operating two timers. One that counts down 1 minute. And another that counts down 5 minutes. I'd like it if each timer had a visual I could see, but if thats not "possible" in a feasible manner I'll live.

After the timer (whichever one I've activated) has ended I want a warning of some type to go off. Preferring a visual and audio effect. (Such as a LED light going off and some sort of siren noise being played)

I know this is doable.. Albeit possibly complicated. has been the site I'm looking at for supplies..

Really ANY help anyone could offer would be helpful. I know it might be a bit of a tall order. but some of you folks live for this kinda thing... And I'd be very grateful for the learning experience.

ALSO any advice on how to improve this is welcomed too.