Completed Project Project : Battery Buckets

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008

Occasionally there is a problem where to put a battery in a project box. I solved this by using a 3D printer. The idea is a box to put the battery in to prevent it from rattling around inside the project box.

I have included the 3d files, the base file drawn using SketchUp, a free 3D CAD package you can download, as well as the compiled G-codes used by 3D printers.

Here are the battery buckets that are included in this thread.

Dual 9V Battery Bucket

Single 9V Battery Bucket

Sideways Single 9V Battery Bucket
I have also included a version without the wire slit in the side.

6V AA Battery Holder Bucket
This shows how they are installed in a project, just use super glue.

Another view of the finished project (see Project : Electronic Load)

Notice the string for easy removal. You'll need this for the 9V batteries too.

Attachments

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Do you also have plans for some D-cell buckets?
Also the some button cell with blade springs would be an idea, where you can slide-in the button cell.

Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I was planning on adding to this project, but I would be interested in input like yours. I find drawing this stuff to be very easy and somewhat fun.

Battery buckets are retainers, battery holders set the shape and voltages for various configurations.

I could even be talked into sending a few prototypes for folks who ask nicely.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OK, you can get copper tape for making stained glass windows at hobby stores. I'll draw up and print a single, dual, and triple version, and add it after the 1st post.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
Awesome job ... That's nifty idea you have going there.. I was thinking I might need one but not sure cause I am working on a couple projects ..

Thanks for Contribution
Jay Sr