Programming USB Bit Whacker

ssembo

Joined Dec 13, 2010
Hello Guys, here i am back with something, "The USB Bit Whacker". Programming the Bit Whacker. I have learnt that this circuit is able to take in signals, go through a program and output results. I have got few questions;
1. How is it programmed? Is it possible programming it in C?
2. How are the ports located on the PC?

Will need also the best reading material concerning this.

Thanks

Colin

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
On what platform?

PIC Microcontrollers have USB built in several models now, so bit banging USB isn't needed.

Prior to onboard integration, bit banging is usually implemented in assembly due to timing issues required, though some routines are in C with inline assembly. All of which is platform dependent.

What are you trying to connect to what? FTDI has about every IC, dev board, and protocol translators in silicon not only available, but affordable.

ssembo

Joined Dec 13, 2010
On what platform?

What are you trying to connect to what?
I am trying to connect signals from the power line and use those to control a generator...start, phase detect, synchronise, and connect to line. Also be able to disconnect and stop the generator. "Peak Shaving"

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
ssembo I posted you a links that told you how to make one, Where to buy one, How to program it using It's usb and the bootloader which let's you use any complier that's for a pic C. basic. asm.

russ_hensel

Joined Jan 11, 2009
Based on the level of knowledge you seem to have I would avoid any connection to the power line that is not thru a commercial step down power supply.

ssembo

Joined Dec 13, 2010
ssembo I posted you a links that told you how to make one, Where to buy one, How to program it using It's usb and the bootloader which let's you use any complier that's for a pic C. basic. asm.
I already placed an order and its probably on its way. I guess i will get it wel when i get hold of it.

Do you know of a way i can synchronise a line and generator automatically?

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
ssembo I would need a recap you have posted this on a lot of forums, but I think your wanting to add 5,10,15kw of power. If you are off line it will not be that hard to make your own controller. But if you’re thinking grid tie you’re in a whole new ball game. One thing to really think about is if you try to lock in a generator out of phase; it will be pulled in phase. And most times that’s not going to be good. I have seen where it ripped the generator off the engine. So make sure you have each piece working right.
I never tried any thing this big. I did a small one , it worked .