Programming pics in basic, which program is used?

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by mec-tr, Jul 6, 2010.

1. mec-tr

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    hi all i am a new guest and i hope for all best wishes.
    And i want to learn how to beginning and which program used note that i wish to used pic basic language

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
  4. Tahmid

Jul 2, 2008
    Hi,
    For programming PIC in BASIC, I highly recommend the mikroBASIC compiler. There is a free version as well, along with plenty of support, a free e-book, plenty of example codes and awesome library functions.

I think you should have a look at: www.mikroe.com

Hope this helps.
    Tahmid.

5. lightingman

Apr 19, 2007
    Hi.

I use Proton development suite from Crownhill Associates.

Daniel.

6. wellyboot

Jun 1, 2005
    www.picbasic.co.uk/forum

Ive been using picbasicpro now for the last 3 years and found it to be pretty good, before that i was struggling along with assembly..

7. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
  8. mec-tr

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    thx,for all reply and i start with a book to understand the feature of microcontroller and i wait the result beyond??????????????

9. Harrington

Dec 19, 2009
    Has It got to be a pic basic compiler why not use another language pic basic as is proton basic are actually c compilers I got a telling off from the blokes of Proton basic when i suggested that it was basic comments were i have to grin a bit at this " I absolutely detest basic "

There is the SDCC compiler as well if you can put this together quite difficult to patch together though thats what i found It is free however uses ANSI C

Proton Basic is very good and equally as good is Boost C compiler

The Hi tech C compiler is another compiler as well but its very expensive not for people who have very limited budget