Programming PIC16F877A for Labview

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by mindmoody, Feb 10, 2009.

1. mindmoody

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    hello everyone..

can anyone help me regarding the PIC16F877A programming?

i'm going to interface this PIC with LabVIEW application and this application should control and monitoring a valve, light and sensor for humidity.

Please give me a guide or reference or also example..

Thanks..

REgards,
    Mindmoody

2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    In this case you have to know what signals LabView sends out and what signals it need to receive.

What programming language are you going to use?

3. mindmoody

Dec 10, 2008
    Thanks for replying...

i am using c programming language and by using the CCS Compiler.

Is this the signal that you mean?
    MARK is a negative voltage and SPACE is positive;

Signal > +3 V = 0
    Signal < –3 V = 1

can you give me a guide, i'm still a begineer to this PIC..

Thanks
    MindMoody

4. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
  5. mindmoody

Dec 10, 2008
    Thanks Mike... That link very useful.. but i'm still not purely understanding this C language.. Can u give me one example on how to communicate with this serial?

Thanks
    Mindmoody

6. navidbox

Mar 6, 2009
    Hi,

My project is also very similar to yours with this difference that i don't need to control anything. i just need to display the measurements.
    Did you make any progression on that?
    Is it possible to share your underestanding?

Thanks,

7. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    GUYS !!! mindmoody and navidbox !!!

What kinds of INPUTS can Labview use?

Can you get a serial port data stream into Labview?

If you have say a USB device that looks like serial port (COM port) can use use that?

Labview just ain't that popular a tool so I doubt anyone here works with it.

8. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    As I am a Labview developer. Labview do have well developed functions for serial communication.
    In Labview go to help in the toolbar. Select Find examples and then search for serial.

9. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Bingo!

t06afre, does it mind if it is a "virtual" COM port, meaning it's really a USB device configured to look like a good ole serial port? (Actually, I don't think it matters as I can get virtual ports to work inside Microsoft's Hyperteminal, and that piece of dirt is decades old by now.)

Now for the OPs, once you get Labview accepting and processing serial port data you can use a PIC to manufactures that data from your real sources. Get the latest Microchip Applications Library and look into the "USB Device - CDC - Serial Emulator" demo. You can do a few changes inside it and presto changeo you have a serial device spewing forth your precious data.

10. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Labview at least from version 7.0. Have no problems with virtual COM ports. Given that the proper driver for the virtual COM port is installed of course. Any COM port detected by the Windows OS should be reachable by Labview