Programmer for PIC?

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by Duxthe1, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Duxthe1

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 27, 2008
    I recently designed a project around the PIC18LF2525 microcontroller. I installed the software for my K149 programmer on my new computer only to realize that the 18f2525 isn't supported by the K149. What is a good cheap programmer that supports this and other newer chips? Money is a big concern, bells and whistles are not.

As an aside.... Is there anyone in Denver that has a programmer compatible with the 18F2525 who's willing to help a fellow out? I've got my board 90% soldered and I'm itching to get my code in the chip.

2. AlexR

Jan 16, 2008
    Support for the K149 seems to have evaporated over past couple of years. There was a newer version of software that was written by Jim Robertson and which had support for a good range of PIC18F chips including the 18F2525 but all the links that I had for it now point to ads for ISPs so I assume Jim is no longer in business.

I would tend to cut my losses, ditch K149 and go for one of the Microchip clone programmers. If its a true clone it will use the Microchip software so there should be on problems about unsupported chips. I use one of the Olimex programmers http://www.olimex.com/dev/index.html and it works like a charm, every time I upgrade MPLAB it automatically downloads the new software to the programmer and keeps it up to date.