Programing pins of SyncMOS SM8952AC25P

iCantSleep

Joined Apr 13, 2015
Hi To All,

Im new to microcontroller programming, i need help identifiying the MISO,MOSI,SCK of this microcontroller SyncMOS SM8952AC25P so that i can start reprogramming.

My Pupose is to alter the program in a TIMER BOARD used in internet SHOPS here in the Philippines, this timer board cost only around 3$ so if I will be able to reprogram it, i can control 2 relays for only 3$.

The microcontroller is SyncMOS SM8952AC25P i was reading the Datasheet but i never saw "MISO,MOSI, and SCK" please help me locate these pins.

Please see attached datasheet for this micro controller.

20150415_193044[1].jpg

Attachments

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
It does not look like this particular variant supports ISP (in system programming).
SyncMOS link: http://www.syncmos.com.tw/products.php?c1=5&c2=7
You would have to program it with an external programmer that you drop the chip into, blast it then put it back in the circuit.

You might consider replacing the chip with something pin-compatible that supported ISP (usually a cheaper way to go) - Like the Atmel 89S52

Good luck!

iCantSleep

Joined Apr 13, 2015
That uP is an 8052 variant, it does not have those pins. Are you trying to connect a programmer?
HI, thanks for your reply now i know it doesnt really have those pins.

Im into arduino at the moment, i saw people using arduino as programmer, im planing to reprogram it using arduino but like I said i cant locate the pins MISO MOSI and SCK. thanks to you now its confirmed the chip dont have it.

do you have any suggestion? how about the tx and rx pins? can i use it with arduino as ISP?

iCantSleep

Joined Apr 13, 2015
It does not look like this particular variant supports ISP (in system programming).
SyncMOS link: http://www.syncmos.com.tw/products.php?c1=5&c2=7
You would have to program it with an external programmer that you drop the chip into, blast it then put it back in the circuit.

You might consider replacing the chip with something pin-compatible that supported ISP (usually a cheaper way to go) - Like the Atmel 89S52

Good luck!
Hi John thanks alot for the information very helpful. I checked the price of the 89S52 its around 8$ here in PH. will blew my budget right away. ill just use digispark at the moment. thanks alot guys! I appreciate it.