Program for Design Templates

mbxs3

Joined Oct 14, 2009
Anyone know a good computer program(preferably for Mac, but can be PC) that I can use to design a 2 dimensional layout.

I am trying to make a display bezel out of ABS plastic. Since I know the rough dimensions of the layout, I would like to draw it on the computer, be able to print it out, cut the print out and then transfer the layout onto the plastic to assist in getting the ABS plastic cut to the correct dimensions.

By the way, the dimensions I am working with are 60mm by 170mm so it is small enough to fit onto an 8x11 sheet of paper when printed.

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
If your intent on printing this out is to make a template then you might be interested in 8 1/2 by 11 inch label paper. A label will stick where you put it, if you can get it down flat (and you only get 1 chance!). Not sure how easy they are to remove as I have only used them as a permanent front panel label, but hot water and/or mild solvents usually do the trick.

You should be able to get it at any good office store, Office Max, Staples and the like.