Problems with hard drive.

pujulde

Joined Jul 24, 2013
Recently some problems occurred with my hard drive. It does not load windows so I can not booting windows. I replace that hdd with new one and everything works. I do not know the reason why the old one does not work, so I tried to fix it. At first I wanted to write there new windows, but when the process went up to the partitions of disk it wrote "No device driver were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers." At the same time it gives me options from where to download that drivers, but I can not understand how to do it and whether it's possible generally. How you think is it burned and is there any chance to restore files from that hdd? Thanks in advance.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
It sounds like your hard drive controller is failing, though there are a few reasons what you described has happened.

I don't have high hopes for you getting your data off it, but you may be lucky and be able to boot from another hard drive/liveOS and read from the old hard drive.

pujulde

Joined Jul 24, 2013
It sounds like your hard drive controller is failing, though there are a few reasons what you described has happened.

I don't have high hopes for you getting your data off it, but you may be lucky and be able to boot from another hard drive/liveOS and read from the old hard drive.
I boot windows from another hard drive and tried to read data from old spoiled one, but it is not visible. When I enter into bios and IDE configuration there the old hard drive was shown, but it is hidden really . What does it mean?

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
What I do is install the hard drive in my beast and run the diagnostics software for that drive.. Most times this fixes alot of problems..

Jay Sr

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I've had great success recovering drives with Linux Live CDs/USB flash drives, even when the drive was "invisible" to Windows. Assuming *not* a hardware problem, even if the file system is corrupted, it is often possible to retrieve most of the data from the drive.

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
I've had great success recovering drives with Linux Live CDs/USB flash drives, even when the drive was "invisible" to Windows.
+1

had a few drives/ssd's 'losing' boot sector info, chkdsk /f normally fixes. if its physical issues you'll need to revert to the backup(s)

you would not believe the amount of small business’s i see that have nothing. removable media is cheap nowadays.

Natakel

Joined Oct 11, 2008
To expand on what joey999 said, download this ISO and burn it to a CD. You can boot your computer from it, and it contains many hardware utilities you can use to trouble shoot harddrives and such. Most of them do not have an intuitive GUI, so it might be wise to do a little help research on any particular utility you think may help your situation. This is a very handy boot tool to have.

All the utilities in the ISO are free to use.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/ultimate_boot_cd_(ubcd).html