Problems with C installation

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by sherlock007, Nov 4, 2012.

1. sherlock007

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 4, 2012
    can any one help me on this problem.... When i run the exe file, a pop up message for me is .. Here is the message below...

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher. "

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

You just hijacked an existing thread:
    problem in turbo c installation

Now you have a thread of your own.

As the message is telling you, you will need an other version of the software.
    You could also try to run in compatability mode of an other version of windows.

Bertus

3. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    A real Sherlock would probably have "deduced" that TurboC was a dos application and won't run under Windows? ;)

4. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Wow you must be a real Sherlock (the real kind and not the derogatory one :). So how dd you deduce the compiler is Turbo C Holmes?

Eliminate the improbable so all that is left is the probable :)?

5. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  6. John P

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 14, 2008
    Last summer I dropped my laptop with its Vista operating system and cracked the screen. The guy at the repair store said "4 years old? not worth fixing. Get a new one." So (for a magnificent $300) I got a new PC running Windows 7. When I tried to install my ancient version of the CCS compiler for the PIC processors I saw exactly this error message. I paid good money for that compiler and I've transferred it from Windows 95 to 98 to Vista, but 7 just won't accept it. I haven't found a workaround on the new computer, but there's enough functionality left in the old one that with the right software (I got Ultra VNC Viewer--it has its quirks, but it's free) I can still run the compiler. But it's inconvenient, and I'm looking at changing over to another compiler. BoostC seems to work, but I have to change my code to make it work, and that's inconvenient too.

If anyone can suggest an alternative, I'd be interested.

7. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  8. John P

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 14, 2008
    That was approximately the first thing I tried. Fortunately I realized it wasn't going to work on Windows 7 Home Premium before I spent as much time on it as this guy did (quoted from here):
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...indows-7/8d824d5e-b972-444f-bc35-161d433c6965

I am running Windows 7 Home Edition, and just spent two hours downloading and installing software to verify I was eligible to download and install software which, when downloaded and installed, only presents me with the message "Windows XP Mode cannot be set up" and suggesting that I upgrade to an edition of Windows that supports XP mode.

What makes this particularly annoying is that, prior to downloading the big piece of the software (500 MB), I had to identify my software as Windows 7 Home Edition. If the 500 MB download only exists to pop up a "You need to upgrade first" message, it would have been better presented before I wasted two hours.

To top it off, Windows insisted on rebooting my computer without my permission to get all this worthlessness installed. Apparently, if I don't click "Defer" every ten minutes, it's going to go ahead and reboot. I was in the middle of doing something, and just had to sit and watch as everything I had open shut down to prepare my computer to tell me that I'd just wasted two hours.

My next "upgrade" will be to Linux. Microsoft's turned into a more annoying Big Brother than Apple.

As for the big-brotherdom of Microsoft versus Apple, I think it would take an expert to rank them accurately.

9. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    There is a QBasic port, QB64. Works on Windows.