Problems creating a new thread

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Dawud Beale, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Dawud Beale

Thread Starter Member

Feb 10, 2012
    I tried uploading some images and including some code and the forum keeps crashing on me so is there any restrictions on text or images that can be posted?

2. Dawud Beale

Thread Starter Member

Feb 10, 2012
    here is the text of my post

Hi everyone, Im trying to make a digital circuit that receives a signal for a certain button, and then outputs in Binary coded decimal. I've tried simulating the circuit on ISP lever and got the following error messages:

Instantiating primitives...
    Linking 'C:\ispLEVER_Classic1_6\ispcpld\lib5\g_2or.bl1'
    Linking 'C:\ispLEVER_Classic1_6\ispcpld\lib5\g_input.bl1'
    Linking 'C:\ispLEVER_Classic1_6\ispcpld\lib5\g_inv.bl1'
    Linking 'C:\ispLEVER_Classic1_6\ispcpld\lib5\g_output.bl1'
    Logical Error 3509: Output 'd' in upper-level source 'studentidtobcd' can't be redriven to functional_block 'g_output'
    Logical Error 3509: Output 'a' in upper-level source 'studentidtobcd' can't be redriven to functional_block 'g_output'
    Logical Error 3509: Output 'b' in upper-level source 'studentidtobcd' can't be redriven to functional_block 'g_output'
    Logical Error 3509: Output 'c' in upper-level source 'studentidtobcd' can't be redriven to functional_block 'g_output'
    Logical Error 3509: Output 'd' in upper-level source 'studentidtobcd' can't be redriven to functional_block 'g_output'
    Logical Error 3509: Output 'a' in upper-level source 'studentidtobcd' can't be redriven to functional_block 'g_output'
    Logical Error 3509: Output 'b' in upper-level source 'studentidtobcd' can't be redriven to functional_block 'g_output'
    Logical Error 3509: Output 'c' in upper-level source 'studentidtobcd' can't be redriven to functional_block 'g_output'

BLIFLINK complete. Error: 20. Warning: 0. Time: 1 second

Done: failed with exit code: 0001.

Im trying to attach images of the circuit and attempted simulation but the forum is preventing me from doing so. Ill see if I can upload it online and post the link here...

3. Dawud Beale

Thread Starter Member

Feb 10, 2012
    this seems to be the only section i can post a thread in

4. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Try to reduce your thread title to less than 30 character and tell us if that solves your problem.

5. hondabones

Sep 29, 2009
    I have been trying to post a new thread for a few days now without success. I can, however, post a reply. I have attempted to email support. I'm not sure if it's getting through. I have received no response. Thank you.

6. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I have received no IT mail. Where were you trying to send it?

This is a known bug with unknown origins.

Try to reduce your thread title to 30 characters or less. A moderator has the ability to change it in the future.
    Tell us if that approach was successful.

Keep in mind that any new thread in The Completed Projects Collection has to go through moderation before it is visible to the public.

And remember to tell us if it worked!

7. hondabones

Sep 29, 2009
    I clicked 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the page. Selected 'General Forum Problems' Filled out the message and related information and clicked 'Send'. I used the service twice in the past few days.

That worked for me. Thank you.

8. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I 'm 99% sure that this contact for reaches the admins, who don't have the time to tend to those problems. For any problem you encounter try to post it here, in the Feedback, or if this is impossible, PM a moderator.

9. Fahrad

Jul 28, 2011
    I am also having problems creating new thread. Whenever I try to post the thread I want to create here (http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6), an error always occur.

I believe this has nothing to do with the post moderation.

I've tried reloading the page already. I even attempted to create the thread multiple times. But no luck.

10. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Did you try applying the suggestion in post #6? How did that work out for you?

Try to go as low as below 20 characters.

11. MikeA

Jan 20, 2013
    I can't create any new threads. 500 Server Error. :confused:

12. MikeA

Jan 20, 2013
    Yup, reducing title length fixed it. Now the title is not descriptive at all. :rolleyes:

13. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    We can change the title in retrospect. What would you like your title changed into?