Problem with Up/Down Counter?

hazim

Joined Jan 3, 2008
I solved the problem after looking in the PIC's datasheet, and setting the config bits right. The circuit is working 100% now. Thanks again and again.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I solved the problem after looking in the PIC's datasheet, and setting the config bits right. The circuit is working 100% now. Thanks again and again.
It's always good when a project finally works. Congratulations.

And the answer to most PIC problems is in the datasheet, but the datasheets are so big, small answers are still sometimes hard to find.

hazim

Joined Jan 3, 2008
Yes that's right. By the way, I'm not implementing that exact project, I put infrared sensors with IR LEDs instead of the push button switches, at the entrance and exit of a parking project, in addition to LEDs that show empty places to park the car at.
I'll post pictures when I finish.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I have never seen perfboard used that way. The results look good, but it's a lot of soldering. Generally, I use fly wires on the bottom of the board.

The LEDs aren't connected, are they?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I have never seen perfboard used that way. The results look good, but it's a lot of soldering. Generally, I use fly wires on the bottom of the board.
I've kinda seen it. In my work I tend to use insulated fly wires for the signal connections, and thicker solid bus wire for power & ground. The bus wire is uninsulated, so I solder it down to keep it in place. I just don't hit each and every donut, every 5 or so is fine.

While it also seems excessive to me I can't argue with what works.

Nice job.