Problem with the Alesis DM8 Module

Shibō san

Joined Oct 17, 2016
Hi, I'm having a trouble with my alesis module, there was a short and did not turn on more, I did send it to repair, they managed to turn it on, but did not sound, then send repair again and they left him worse. It comes off as if all the pads are being used at the same time, but in reality are not even connected; when I connect them, the module does not recognize; When I try to change the kit or anything, runs slow, with lag and still no sound... I wanted to know if someone can help me please
Thanks and sorry for bad eng (I neither know if is the right place to post this)

lvsloan1

Joined Oct 20, 2021
I have the same problem of my DM8 module showing all the triggers are being used at the same time but no one will help me find out what The suggested fix was for this. Any help is appreciated and seriously needed.
thanks!

lvsloan1

Joined Oct 20, 2021
There is a serious 'burn up' near the dc power socket. Have you investigated that?
Good luck............
No sir I haven’t. I didn’t know where to start as it has always worked perfect for the year I played them in a band. When I quit and moved, the guy that led our band put them in a storage plastic container and stored them for me. When I got them back 6 or so years later, I put them together and that was when I had the problem with the module and they won’t trigger when hit as they’re all showing triggered at the same time. I could find the problem but as usual, there’s no available electrical schematics to find on them. Thank you so much for your reply and if you or someone else has any suggestions I’d love them.
thank again!