Problem with "Relay"

Ma7amed

Joined Sep 7, 2010
Hello,

I have a problem with realy. I made a circuit that control a lamp using any IR Remote. it works so good but the problem is with the relay part.

When the circuit is connected to power and to the lamp, and any other lamp in my home or any other device is turned on or off, the relay is turned on or off (according to what it was ).
and also if i connected this realy to a fan (to turn it on or off), the relay turn off just when i change the speed of the fan.

I want a solution for the relay so it donn affect my circuit and the other devices in my home donn make it turn on or off.

Here is an image of the circuit I made. Note: I added the diode on the circuit but it doesn't solve the problem.

Please help me, I need to make this circuit work urgently
;)

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
I tried it but the problem increased. Sorry it didn't fix the problem
No problem. Let's try another way. This time an RC filter for the supply bypassing of 4017 and the IR decoder.

The capacitor value is not critical but should be higher than 47uF. You can use resistor values between 33Ω to 100Ω.

Attachments

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Is the fan speed control "remotely" operated with an IR device?

I don't see where your circuit discriminates authorized IR signals from unauthorized IR signals, so anytime it receives an IR command from any IR remote ... the relay changes state.

Ma7amed

Joined Sep 7, 2010
Is the fan speed control "remotely" operated with an IR device?

I don't see where your circuit discriminates authorized IR signals from unauthorized IR signals, so anytime it receives an IR command from any IR remote ... the relay changes state.
The fan speed in controlled by the fan buttons not in the circuit, I but the fan instead of the bulb in the circuit.

No problem. Let's try another way. This time an RC filter for the supply bypassing of 4017 and the IR decoder.

The capacitor value is not critical but should be higher than 47uF. You can use resistor values between 33Ω to 100Ω.

I donn have these values, I will buy them and try (note: I didn't add the 47 resistor that near the IR reciever 1738 cuz i thought it is useless, is it may be the cause of the problem too ???)

Ma7amed

Joined Sep 7, 2010
I forget to tell you that all my tests of the circuit is done in a bread board, can it be a cause for this problem too ???

Ma7amed

Joined Sep 7, 2010

I tried that but still the problem exist. :(

Do you have any other thing to try ????