problem with MPLAB IDE

Rushan

Joined Nov 20, 2013
i just tried to compile

#include <htc.h>
void main(void)
{
}

program.because i want to learn how to compile a c program using MPLAB IDE.so i installed MPLAB IDE and HITECH C compiler.and created a new project according to the given instructions by the HITECH C compiler documents.but when i build the project it gives the following error.

Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Users\RushanP\Desktop\mysampleproj\test.cce".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Users\RushanP\Desktop\mysampleproj\mysampleproj.mcs".
Clean: Done.
Executing: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HI-TECH Software\PICC\9.83\bin\picc.exe" -C -E"test.cce" "test.c" -O"test.obj" -Zg9 -O -ASMLIST -Q -MPLAB -16F877
Halting build on first failure as requested.
BUILD FAILED: Thu Dec 12 11:26:46 2013

please help me to fix this...

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I've had problems with HiTech not reporting errors in Win7-64 Pro in the build window. If that applies to you, see if there is a a test.err file or see the compiler listing/linker map files. My solution was XC8 on Win7.

Try adding some code in main() to see if it's confused due to no code but I doubt if that's it.

You can send a request to microchip on their support site. They've probably have heard of this one and may have a solution.

Good luck.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
You should also get some sort of error code i think. But anyway put some code in the main function before trying one more

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I suspect the compiler is optimizing main () out since it doesn't do anything, then throws an error since there is no code to produce...