Problem with Instant Email notifications

Xray

Joined Nov 21, 2004
Hi 'yall,

I can't seem to receive Instant Email notifictions when posts are submitted to threads that I subscribe to. I checked my Spam folder just to make sure that my anti-spam software wasn't grabbing them. I double-checked to make sure that I am in fact supscribed to certain threads (especially the ones that I started or have submitted posts to) but I still can not receive Email notifications. Does anyone else have this same problem? Can anyone suggest things for me to check to make sure that I have things configured properly?

Thanks!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Thanks for raising this point Xray, someone else has reported it also. Can I ask when you noticed the feature stopped working?

I will investigate today to see if there is a settings issue.

Dave

Xray

Joined Nov 21, 2004
Thanks for raising this point Xray, someone else has reported it also. Can I ask when you noticed the feature stopped working?

I will investigate today to see if there is a settings issue.

Dave
I started becoming active again in this forum a few weeks ago, and I have not receive any Email notifications at all since then.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi Xray, thanks for pointing out this issue.

I've just made some changes to the mail server settings, hopefully this resolves the issue. If anyone can confirm that the subscription emails are working or not now, that would be much appreciated.

Xray

Joined Nov 21, 2004
Hi jrap,

YES! IT'S WORKING NOW! I replied to this thread because I received a notification!

THANKS VERY MUCH!

Mike

Xray

Joined Nov 21, 2004
Cheers Mike!
jrap - I did NOT receive a notification for your reply "Cheers Mike!". Should I have automatically received an instant Email notification, or do I have to re-subscribe each time if I want to continue receiving notifications of new posts in a particular thread?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
jrap - I did NOT receive a notification for your reply "Cheers Mike!". Should I have automatically received an instant Email notification, or do I have to re-subscribe each time if I want to continue receiving notifications of new posts in a particular thread?
Which thread subscription option have you selected?

UserCP > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode

Dave

Xray

Joined Nov 21, 2004
Hi Dave,
I have "Instant Email Notifications" selected. I DID receive an Email notification for your reply, but I did not for jrap's last reply. Maybe the Server gets bogged down at times and may miss sending out a notification once in a while.(?)

It seems to be working fairly well now, which is much better than not receiving any notifications at all! So, I think I'll just give it some time and see how it works over the next few weeks. If it continutes to be problematic, I'll let the moderators know.

Thanks!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
It may have been a glitch as jrap was playing with the settings. If its working now, then that is a good starting point. One of the Mods pointed this issue out independently of yourself so hopefully everything has worked out there too.

Dave

Xray

Joined Nov 21, 2004
It seems to be working now, and I received a notification for one of the other topics that I am subscribed to.

Thanks for all your help!

Mike

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
It seems to be working now, and I received a notification for one of the other topics that I am subscribed to.

Thanks for all your help!

Mike
It not a problem (not that I actually did anything!). Glad to have you posting again here at AAC :)

Dave